Bear Fire Relief Information
BEAR FIRE | FEMA Disaster Assistance
Three ways people can apply for FEMA assistance
If you were impacted by the on-going wildfires in: butte, lake, monterey, napa, san mateo, santa cruz, solano, sonoma, and yolo counties, you may be eligible for assistance from the federal emergency management agency (FEMA).
If you suffered loss, contact your insurance provider to file a claim and also, be sure to apply with FEMA.
UNDERSTANDING A FEMA DETERMINATION LETTER [LINK]
If your insurance has not made a payment in thirty days, notify FEMA for a reconsideration.
You can apply online at http://www.disasterassistance.gov
using the fema app from your smartphone or tablet
or by calling 1-800-621-3362. (FEMA)
Property Damaged or Destroyed by Calamity | Butte County Assessor
Owners, who suffer damage to their property as the result of a calamity or disaster (such as accident, fire, earthquake, or flood) may be eligible for certain, limited forms of property tax relief under Revenue and Taxation Code Section 170 (R&T 170).
The courts have defined "disaster, misfortune, or calamity" as an event out of the ordinary; an unforeseeable, sudden, or unusual occurrence, in contrast to gradual deterioration or worsening condition over time. Damage to a building or land that occurs gradually due to ordinary natural forces is not caused by a calamity.
Filing for Calamity Relief
1. The application [PDF] must be made by the person who, on January I, was the owner of the taxable property which suffered damage, or by a person who acquired the property after January 1 and is responsible for the taxes for the next fiscal year commencing July 1.
2. You must have suffered at least $10,000 damage to taxable property. This amount is measured by the current market value of the destroyed or damaged property, not necessarily replacement cost.
3. The damage must have occurred by misfortune or calamity, without fault of the owner. (Demolition does not qualify.)
4. A completed calamity relief application must be filed with the Assessor within 12 months of the date of the misfortune or calamity.
5. It is preferable, however, that the application be filed with the Assessor within 60 days of the date of the calamity or misfortune in order to allow adequate time for analysis and processing. If you are unsure of the amount of damage but believe it will exceed $10,000, the application should still be filed with the Assessor.
Download Application for Reassessment [PDF] (Property Damaged/Destroyed by Misfortune or Calamity).
To file an application, or for more information, contact the Butte County Assessor's Office.
530.552.3800 | AssessorsOffice@ButteCounty.net
25 County Center Drive, Suite 100, Oroville, CA 95965
Self Service Water Filling Stations | Oroville
South Feather Water & Power has offered two self-service filling locations for residents to access potable water for drinking and cooking. Available 24-hours-a-day, 7-days-a-week.
2310 Oro Quincy Highway
234 Kelly Ridge Road
Required to bring your own clean five gallon containers properly disenfected.
BEAR FIRE | SBA Disaster Assistance
The SBA provides low-interest disaster loans to help businesses and homeowners recover from declared disasters.
Debris Removal Program | Phase I
Household Hazardous Waste Removal
Consolidated Debris Removal Program | Phase II
The Government Debris Removal Program (Government Program) is available at no out-of-pocket cost to property owners who complete and sign a Right-of-Entry (ROE) form [PDF] to allow access to their private property for the removal of Fire Debris.
- Property owners must submit the ROE form to participate in the Government Program. The deadline to submit an ROE form for the Government Program is February 15, 2021. Download the Right-of-Entry Form [PDF].
- By submitting the ROE form, property owners are granting permission for State contractors to enter onto their property, safely and efficiently remove Fire Debris and make rebuilding possible in the North Complex Fire area. To avoid duplication of benefits, residents may be required to remit a portion of insurance claim payments specifically reserved for debris and/or tree removal. There are no out-of-pocket expenses regardless of the actual cost of the debris removal.
- ROE Forms can be submitted in the following ways:
- RETURN VIA MAIL: ROE Center, P.O. Box 1708, Oroville, CA 95965
- RETURN IN PERSON: ROE Center located at 78 Table Mountain Blvd. Oroville, CA. 95965
- E-MAIL TO: ROE@ButteCounty.net
- If you have any questions about completing the ROE form [PDF] for Phase II of the Debris Removal Program, send them to ROE@ButteCounty.net | 530-552-3210.
FOR MORE INFORMATION | https://buttecountyrecovers.org/ncf-debris-removal-phase-ii
Download the Right-of-Entry Form [PDF]
Download the Government Fire Debris Removal Program Frequently Asked Questions [PDF]
BEAR FIRE | NORTH VALLEY COMMUNITY FOUNDATION - DONATE
Contact: Logan Todd | email@example.com | 530-366-0397
BEAR FIRE | UNITED WAY - INFORMATION ONLY
Text your zipcode to 898211
text wildfire to 211211
Join your favorite radio station and the American Red Cross to help our communities impacted by wildfires. Your donation enables the Red Cross to prepare for, respond to and help people recover. Your gift will not only help with immediate needs like food and shelter, it will also get people on the road to recovery. Thank you!
KPAY Newstalk 93.9 FM
THE BLAZE 103.5
BEAR FIRE | AMERICAN RED CROSS - EVACUATION REGISTER
BEAR FIRE | PARADISE GLEANERS GIVEAWAY EVENTS
Nov 21, Dec 5, Dec 19
Handing out essential goods, 1245 Oro Dam Blvd., Oroville (by Quality Used Tires)
E&J's Mobile Kitchen, Lakeside Market & Gas, Yankee Hill Fire Safe Council, and many others.
We welcome this opportunity as Camp fire Survivors to pay it forward to those who survived the Bear fire, we are in this together.
BEAR FIRE | SALVATION ARMY DISTRIBUTION CENTER
The hours of operation will be 10AM-6PM, Monday-Saturday until further notice. For additional information, call (530) 776-1009.
BEAR FIRE | CALIFORNIA FIRE FOUNDATION
Located at the Local Assitance Center (LAC) on Feather River Blvd., Oroville
The California Fire Foundation’s Supplying Aid to Victims of Emergency (SAVE) program brings immediate, short-term relief to victims of fire and other natural disasters throughout California.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DONATE
Follow Butte County Sheriff's Office on Twitter for the latest evacuation information.
Public Information Line: 530-538-7826
The Butte County Sheriff (BCSO) Dispatch Center is inundated with calls. If you have a friend or loved one that you fear is missing and may not have evacuated please call the non emergency line at 530-538-7322 or 530-538-7321. Please use the safeandwell.org website to locate family members who have evacuated.
EVACUATION NOTICES | CODERED
BEAR FIRE | NORTH VALLEY ANIMAL DISASTER GROUP
Contact North Valley Animal Disaster Group at 530-895-0000 to report lost pets.
Hotline (530) 895-0000 | https://www.nvadg.org/donate
Northwest SPCA- 2787 S. 5th Avenue, Oroville
BEAR FIRE | Evacuation Shelters
WHEN DONATING GOODS
Please understand that donated goods take a lot of manpower to organize and distribute. If you can provide exactly what Salvation Army needs and deliver to their location in Chico, that is the best route.
Unless there is a specific request, please do not just drop off items to shelters. Often unrequested items cannot be used and become a burden for the evacuation shelters.
Hope Center in Oroville (1950 Kitrick Ave Ste. A) is taking donations for #campfire. Hours: 8-5 Friday. Needs: warm clothes, shoes, socks, coats (primarily for elderly residents).
BUTTE HUMANE SOCIETY - DONATIONS NEEDED
All donations can be brought to the BHS Warehouse, located at 2580 Fair Street in Chico.
Dry Cat Food, Wet Cat Food, Dry Dog Food, Cat Litter, Cat Litter Boxes, Cat Treats, Cat Carriers, Dog Kennels, Leashes, Harnesses, Dog Beds, Cat Beds, Food / Water Bowls, Cat Toys, dog toys, Wire Dog Pens, Gift Cars.
BEAR FIRE | UNITED STATE POSTAL SERVICE (USPS)
Show photo ID with a physical adress or PO Box to get your mail. (800) 275-8777 (ASK- USPS)
BERRY CREEK - Oroville Post Office Raley's Plaza, Oroville
BCOE Crisis Response FB Account:
Butte SELPA Twitter Account:
TRAMA FROM FIRE / PSTD | FREE ONLINE PROGRAM
BEAR FIRE | CAL FIRE INCIDENT PAGE
ARC-GIS PANORAMA MAP [LINK] <<< Interactive Map
SIERRA CENTRAL CREDIT UNION DISASTER LOAN PROGRAM
Sierra Central would like to be of assistance to members who have been affected by the recent fires.
Sinclair Cares Wildfire Relief Fund
As wildfires impact our region, The Salvation Army is providing food, shelter and resources for evacuees and firefighters. Sinclair Broadcast Company has joined forces with The Salvation Army to activate Sinclair Cares: Western Wildfires Relief Fund. Sinclair will also match the first $25,000 in nationwide contributions. Your donation will help provide relief for those affected by the Western U.S. Wildfires. Thank you for your generosity.
For more information and to find out how you can donate
-updated frequently [F5] 020421